Friday, August 1, 2008

A Baby's Cry


                                        A tiny baby cries inside

Please Oh Please don’t let me die

Keep me safe within your womb

Don’t give my life to be consumed -


I know I’m little and can’t survive

Unless you help me stay alive

You may not think I’m very much

I’m just too small for you to touch  -


But if you’d see me you would know

I have my fingers and my toes

My heart is beating on it’s own

Why can’t you see, you’re not alone –


If I could talk , I’d say to you

“I love you mommy, don’t feel blue”

You didn’t plan me, this I know

Just let me stay and let me grow –


If you can’t keep me when I come

I’ll know you loved me by what you’ve done

You didn’t choose the easy way

You chose to give me my birthday –


A tiny baby cries inside

Please Oh Please don’t let me die

Keep me safe within your womb

Don’t give my life to be consumed.


Brenda Edwards

1985

No comments: