Thursday, July 31, 2008

To Roger


God gives us life

A gift from above

The greatest expression 

Of His Faithful love.


Each year we grow older

We press on to learn

Through failures and trials

To Jesus we turn


Our friends and our family

Share in our joys

God gave you blessings

Your girls and your boys!


He made you a Daddy

He gave you a wife

All which involves

A great deal of strife.


You work hard to feed us

You love us and care

You sacrifice greatly

When it doesn't seem fair.


You help me with the laundry

When you are tired and ache

You come home exhausted

But your dinner you will make.


The kids are excited

To see you come home

But you never hear you

Say "leave me alone.


You listen and hug them

And give them a kiss

It makes me feel good 

To see they are missed.


You hear my complaining

My nags and my groans

Some days I am sure

You wish you never came home.


I thank God and praise Him

For this gift from above

Happy Birthday Roger

You are very much loved!


Brenda Edwards May15.1984

No comments: